rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More Money Not The Best Motivator For Most People

More Money Not The Best Motivator For Most People

Quote: (03-02-2014 05:35 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

It is not the #1 motivator because average man is a full blown idiot.

Average man would rather feel good than be free.

Yeah you obviously don't trade your health but average guy is motivated by feeding his ego. Because again... he is an idiot.

There are so many issues here I don't even know where to begin I'll give a few bullets.
1. The video itself is online marketing salesmanship so your opinion is being biased by the video itself.
2. Why do people perform worse? Because they have been taught to fear risks they get frazzled like a scared cat in the limelight. You want to make money you better be ale to speak in public yet it is the number one fear in America. In a corporate environment every day goes by and you grow more and more afraid of risk slowly killing your creative altitudes. That is why when you give them a creative task they will fail.
3. The carrot stick argument is true because you are creating sheep. NO ONE GETS PAID WELL ON A LINEAR STEP BY STEP PATH. I rarely use caps but read that over and over and over and over again. Anyone who says you make small steps and that is how you build wealth is POOR. Real growth is non-linear.
4. You want to make people transition to a non-linear money making schematic. That is how you train your brain the right way.
5. The most ridiculous and preposterous assumption in that video is that people don't want to be work horses. Very very few men are meant to be leaders. Very few. That ending was nonsense. If however you meet someone who you believe is a future leader then yes you absolutely should bring them on and you absolutely should give them purpose. The truth is most people want to trade their time for money ie: maximum dollars per our.. Ie: "wage slaves".

If you watch this video and agree you are dulling your mind.

I remember during my univeristy years I had read about a study where people were paid less to do a task that was trivial and boring. They paid the participants in different amounts. The study mainly looked at how they felt about doing the task and how they felt about the amount they were given. The majority of the highest paid participants disliked doing the task and admitted the money was necessary to get them to do it again, while the ones paid the least tended to find it enjoyable and said they could see themselves doing it again even without the money. The lesson is if you're going to have employees, paying them a high salary might not just be a problem of higher cost, it might also lead to lower productivity.

Messages In This Thread