rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Olympic Hockey

Olympic Hockey

Quote: (02-14-2014 08:06 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2014 07:35 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

It looks like Zetterturd is out for the tournament, which is a big blow for Sweden. Everyone other nation's odds just jumped a bit.

The hits just keep coming for the Swedes. They look solid in prelims but he's a tough loss.

Canadians looking a lot better today, tape to tape passes, crisp outlets, looked like they're figuring out how to use that big ice. Getzlaf looked great out there today, the tavares/bergeron/benn line looks like instant chemistry. Kunitz is very much the weak link out there on the Crosby line, they look way out of sync and it just kills anything Sids doing out there. Should be riding the pine but won't be. Big game for Carter. That defense is just so dominant, they were everywhere out there. I don't like Subban in the mix on d however, little bit like a chicken with his head cut off back there, too much running around for my liking, he's dynamic but they don't need him to be so he looks like he's confused as to what to do if he can't play his game. Lu looked steady preferred him to Price. Duchene brought some energy, Sharp will probably get the nod of the 2 but I liked Duchene out there personally.

Finns were very impressive, Norway held Canada down but the Finns just rolled over them like they were nothing. Barkovs potential injury could be huge tho, he was playing with Teemu and they were counting on his offense. Curious to see how bad it is.

US Russia should be fantastic tomorrow.

Yes Canada definitely looked very good today. I completely agree that the Kunitz has to hit the bench. I understood the theory behind the team taking him. But if Crosby is truly is the best player in the world, he should be able to play with anyone. I don't remember Gretz, or Mario having troubles with new linemates at these international events. Put St Louis in his spot and watch Cater make history putting in a whack load of goals.
Out of curiosity, what is your thoughts on the St Louis story? I honestly believe that he should of been on the roster from the get go and should be on the top line right now.
Only thing I don't agree with you, is that I still think Price is your goalie. I know Lou has been playing good and did have a great game, but I have just seen him melt so much in the past, that I am scared with him in net. It’s like having a terrible kicker in football, that could cost you a game by missing an easy 30 yard chip. With Lou Im just not confident enough with him. I just see him letting in that weak goal in a very tight game. Cant wait for the medal rounds though, going to be some great hockey.

Messages In This Thread