rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Courier Flights?

Courier Flights?

Quote: (02-14-2014 03:29 AM)TravelingDoc Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2014 03:44 PM)Mr. Polymer Wrote:  

Has anyone ever used a courier flight? Apparently its not hard and u can save a bunch of money or even fly free.
I looked into this a long time ago, like over 15years when I didn't have that much money. What I found was that, yes, this is real but not for me. The problem for me was that the air fare for places that I want to go was not that much cheaper. You have to buy the ticket with the courier company and is VERY restricted. For popular point to point locations, if you know how to find cheap tickets, they may be more expensive. Those free/low fare tickets are when you let them know you can travel anytime and they may give you a call 1 or 2 days in advance or is to places that no one want to go. Some companies also will take both of your baggage allowance (not a problem if you get status and have third bag free, if not carryon only.)

Anyone travel with cash? Im gonna have to bring most of my spending money in cash to SE Asia, where would you guys suggest to exchange from experience?
Hmm. SE Asia where? How and where you change money is different in every country. Some country give great rate at the bank and some will kill on service charge and don't let you know. Carry US dollars and have really new bills. Most exchange places love brand new us $100 and will give better rate for them. If your bills have any mark or cuts on them, it may not be accepted. Just look out for service charge or just use CC/Debit card.
Anyway, why cash? Most of us had stop doing this long time ago. If you worry about CC/Debit availability, just carry a few thousand for standby.

Also, I know I can look it up but while I'm asking what vaccines do u guys get before going to SE Asia?
Again, where are you going? Look it up at http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/ So, just get your basic like flu, Hepatitis A,B, Typhoid. You should have these even if you are in US, EU, or EE.

Any suggestions on places to get some custom suits in SE Asia?
OK, for this. How is anyone going to answer you? Bangkok is an out of the way store, HongKong is a second floor walk up, Philippine is a back alley. Custom suit does not mean a good suit. You can spend $200 or $5,000 in Bangkok. HongKong can top $10K. If you don't know where to go (as in stores), you are not going to get a good suit. Just so you know, any tourist area is not custom suits. They are just a store front. Most of those places all get theirs made by someone else and most likely at the same places. I visited one of those factory once and is amazing how they make the suit for the other stores. Rule of thumb, if you don't have 3 appointments, you are not getting a good custom suit.

Or, you could just ask someone for a suggestion for a good tailor in say, HK (which is a good jumping off point to explore any of SE asia due to the availability of cheap flights to everywhere).

I'd recommend (having had many shirts made there) Milazzo Fashions, HK number is 852 27216660 ask for Rocky or Mac.

Alternatively, I had three very fine suits made by another tailor recommended by a factory owner friend. Cantonese tailor named Eric, and he'll come to your hotel - he's probably a bit pricier than the indian guys at Milazzo, his phone is 852 91267611.

In either event, still, act like you know what your doing and know the difference. Minimum there should be two fittings, and certainly complain if something does not fit almost perfectly. It takes very little for them to adjust it for you, and no more than 24 hours. And bargain, always bargain (within reason).

Just for sake of context, I worked my first 10 years out of law school in old white shoe law and consulting firms, and spent thousands and thousands upon wardrobe - Armani, Zegna, Boss (which always fit me well off the rack as a 42L for some reason, maybe I should have been a nazi instead of a Jew, probably not). I know the difference and there are quality options here - these aren't for bargain basement purchasing. Buy quality though, and don't get to trendy, and they'll last for years and years.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread