rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do YOU decide where to travel?

How do YOU decide where to travel?

For travel:

Before discovering this forum, I'd often google the city and the word "nightlife" and "things to do." I'd read up on it, and check out the images associated with it. I tried to keep it simple, because I enjoyed being surprised by things. I'd also check to see if there were universities, and about how many people were in the city.

Keep in mind most of my travel has been in Europe, and the trips were 3-6 days in any one area. My goals for any given city was to learn something/culture things, walk around/people watch, try the staple dish for that country, and enjoy their women/nightlife.

I really tried to keep it simple. A number of times I'd fly to a city, and not even have a hotel or rental apartment booked. I'd take a taxi to the city center, or ask someone where the nightlife area was and get dropped off there. Then I'd walk around and find a hotel on the fly. That method rarely failed me.

As for work: I can't speak on that honestly. But I think the criteria you've laid out is good.

Messages In This Thread