rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is There A Point Of Diminishing Returns On Weightlifting And Attracting Girls?

Is There A Point Of Diminishing Returns On Weightlifting And Attracting Girls?

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:26 PM)Neo Wrote:  

99% of guys will never reach the point where they're too big. Gaining muscle is hard...really fucking hard. I laugh when I see people complain about how hard it is to lose weight. Compared to gaining lean mass it's nothing.

I'm a tall guy and I used to be a stick, it took years of lifting to break 200 lbs lean. I'm a natural ectomorph, my genetics for strength and muscle are low. Not that I was doing everything right either, but I still made gains.

At my height to be 'big' I'd probably have to be like 230-240 lbs, and I don't see getting there without gear. In terms of the post above where the guy reached 205 lbs at 6'3 and all of sudden had women throwing themselves at him, I've never experienced that. 205 at 6'3 isn't even that big. It's possible he was in a good environment(college) or was better looking(I have mediocre facial aesthetics)

In terms of getting laid, IME the more muscular you are, the more you're just running fuck up avoidance game. Since I began lifting quality and lays have gone way up, but I still have to approach, be cool, interesting, and run game. I'm not at the point where girls will come up to me and want to feel my muscles. I tend to only be complimented once I'm in bed with her. Those guys who say that muscles don't matter are full of it in my opinion. Being bigger and muscular isn't the end all be all of getting laid, but it sure makes things easier.

Edit: Like I said I don't think there's a diminishing point, but an issue I've seen is girls usually pigeonholing really jacked guys.

"He's vain, only into himself, etc."

Also a lot of bigger guys tend to walk around and don't seem like they have fun, outgoing personalities. That probably hurts them a lot more with certain girls then being really jacked.

Key in my opinion is to show contrasting parts of your personality. Look at a guy like Arnold, big, jacked, but he was always smiling, horsing around, and had charisma.

You make some good points there. I have been actively lifting for the past year or so and went from a 155lb and 32in waist to now i'm 186lbs and a 30in waist and i'm 6'3". It's not about getting massive but being cut, feeling good and looking fit.

Messages In This Thread