rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women who want to cook but are bad at it.

Women who want to cook but are bad at it.

Quote: (02-04-2014 10:18 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I would respect and probably be patient with a girl who never learned how to cook but was willing to learn--it's not her fault she grew up in a fucked up society and her parents neglected their responsibility to teach her important shit. I guess the older she was, the more I would feel that she should have learned on her own anyway, though.

Yeah - genuine interest no matter what the age can make up for surprising amount. My mother in law didn't know how to cook (she had a part excuse, her mom died when she was 13) and learned because my father in law only knew how to make macarroni and cheese, toast, and grill cheese sandwiches. After 3 months, THREE MONTHS, of the SAME FOOD she finally broke down and learned how to cook.

A bit more of a funny story is one of my statistics professors in university. A Cuban immigrant, he met his wife in Havana. She was quite taken with him and invited him over on how to cook.

Well, she didn't know sweet fuck all. Apparently, what she would do, was get him a drink and then park him in front of the baseball game while she worked. It was in a large apartment building (the kind where the women can talk to each other out of their kitchen windows, laundry rope that kind of thing) and she was shouting out the window for the first two months of the relationship for advice/instructions from the other women on how to cook the food.

The best part? My prof says he didn't find out about this until AFTER he married her a few months later. By then she could cook though. So, an inspired woman (anecdotally of course) can learn.

Messages In This Thread