rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rags to Riches?

Rags to Riches?

Quote: (02-04-2014 10:19 PM)Irishman Wrote:  

Anyway Ill want to keep the thread on topic. I am interested in hearing other peoples stories...
Awesome info. And my bad for de-railing. So back on track with my own story...

At the end of 2012 ago I had no degree, zero dollars, zero income for the year, and had been living with my parents for several month. I had a job offer to be an engineer in the oil sands, but was 1 credit short of my engineering degree and struggling to finish.

I managed to convince the company to let me start work in the winter before I had the diploma, and was able to finish my last course and graduate in spring 2013.

In 2013 I made 123k gross and managed to save (after taxes and all living expenses) 65k. In 2014 I expect to gross about 135-140k and save 70-75k.
I may not have the time off that I would have with a sweet FIFO shift schedule (which I'd like to lock down eventually) but I have 6 weeks of paid vacation so I'm not complaining too much! Life is good.

Messages In This Thread