rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This is What the Blue Pill Does to Men

This is What the Blue Pill Does to Men

Holy shit! I've said it before that KM is today's version of the TKD/Krotty McDojos of the 80s and 90s, complete with unverifiable foreign special forces instructors, but look at that Roy Elhahananaian clip - its EXACTLY the goofiness you see in TKD point fighting.

I have taken a KM class and observed a few classes in person and on youtube. Today I train in stuff that works (the MMA subdisciplines). Krav has very slick classroom teaching styles that are good at making the inexperienced feel as if they are being aggressive and learning 'the real thing', I suppose this is part of the KM style, to instill false confidence in people.

Quote:Quote:

ad drills where we had to spin around for a minute with our eyes closed to make us dizzy and simulate the feeling of having taken a few blows, and then had to defend ourselves against multiple attackers while dizzy.

That's a good drill but do you guys ever actually spar in class? Keeping your cool after getting rocked takes more than making yourself being dizzy. You got to be there to know what it feels like, so that when it does happen you won't be overcome by surprise. How do you defend multiples without knocking them out?

If you are ever in Las Vegas or SoCal there a tons of gyms that will let you come in free for a day and pressure test your Krav techniques "shoot in for a leg and sweep him to the ground and go for a choke." I am curious how this technique looks in KM, do you have a video clip?

One more thing: If Krav actually worked then Israelis, a proud people, would have someone in the UFC, or WSOF, or RFA but they have zeeeeeero. For the same reason MMA doesn't have a Filipino Kali / Silat fighter, Chinese Tai Chi fighter, Tibetan Snake Boxer, Brasilian Capoeria fighter, or an Irish guy fighting in a Notre Dame mascot stance with the back of the hands facing front. Cause it doesn't work.

Messages In This Thread