rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Texting Triggers Movie Theater Shooting by Retired Captain

Texting Triggers Movie Theater Shooting by Retired Captain

Quote: (01-23-2014 11:58 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

No Soup, I've never been to New York and I was born in the late 80s. I understand what you are getting at. I believe there should be an all around test to be able to have a gun.

But still the idea of knowing you're not the only person with a gun makes you think twice about pulling it out over an argument. Bystanders that are packing could already be waiting and diffuse the situation.

Anyone who isn't completely nuts will know that pulling a gun out because of an argument is going to ruin your life whether or not someone else nearby is packing.

The crazies are going to crazy regardless.

These isn't something that happens every day. We are talking about outliers. I would be on-board for a solution that lets most people CC if they wish to, but precludes the outliers.

However, since there is no reliable means of predicting future crazy behavior (short of an intensive battery of pseudo-psych exams every 6 months), I'm not going to hold my breath on this.

Really, cars are the danger. I'm much less concerned about crazy people packing guns. Crazy man shooting up a mall is a rare and extreme outlier.

People driving drunk well beyond a .08 BAC (I'd guess a lot of people can drive fine at that level, but a .14 BAC is scary and should be illegal), or people who can't be bothered to ever use turn signals, or any driver who over-estimates their abilities and doesn't take reasonable safety precautions is something that scares me.

Because that's what kills people like me every day.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread