rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mixx does Dallas....

Mixx does Dallas....

Most recently, West Coast asked for some tidbits on Dallas for a potential visit. This is just a quick playbook for those contemplating a weekend here whether for work/leisure.

I will create a new Dallas Thread altogether fairly soon, but this was compiled last minute -
One thing you gotta know about Dallas is to avoid clubs. Go to bars or bar/lounges only. Or steakhouses with bar seating bc they got milfs, lol.

"Dallas Jan 2014 Update for the Winter

Uptown Dallas - Places to Visit

1) Loon - Go on a Thurs/Friday night. Don't go Saturdays (more sausage fest tendencies). I've never pulled from there, but it's a great laidback place with good food and strongest pour in town. Very cool outgoing people & solid approach atmosphere (Note - Relocating after March 31st, 2014...not sure where to yet).

2) Concrete Cowboy - Cowboy style yuppie bar. Go there.

3) Kung Fu Saloon - Heard it was good. I only day drank there with friends and passed out on the grass nearby (my bday last year)

4) Renfield's Corner - Cool place but with outdoor heating area. Nice pickup place. Next to a place called The Den, which is up and going again

5) Other places gaming steam are A) 6th Street Bar (homage to [b]Austin), B) BBC (British Beverage Company)[/b], and C) Katy Trail Ice House . I hear Prime Bar is good, but I'm personally not a fan as there were too many tables around for friends eating/drinking together opposed to ppl actually at the bar area (I only went for dinner one night).

6) Si Tapas - They have this reverse happy hour from 4-6 or 6-8? I've heard great things about it. Some hot bitches there. Eat and drink there.

7) Hotel Zaza - Go. Upscale place called Dragonfly in there. Go!

(Used to be much better, but now it's referred to as BNT - Bridge and Tunnel with mainly just all tourists now opposed to the strong local presence it once had)

8) Standard Pour - Not a bad place to drink and idle around the bar area. Mostly tables though. This place used to be called Lotus until it closed and reopened as another bar...so that closed, and now we have Standard Pour.

9) Tate's Cocktail Lounge - Great place to go with friends or lounge around bar area alone. They have an interesting drink menu that would be a good automatic opener for random convos at the bar area itself.

Places to Avoid in Uptown Dallas -

1) Idle Rich Bar - Used to be good. But fuck this place.
2) Quarter Bar - Don't go. Used to be good...but...it sucks now.
3) Primo's - Shitty style over substance Mexican food. People say they like it just to fit in. Good pregaming place. Been on a date/group outing here that have lead to lays. It's solid for potential gaming Tues night though...but just avoid on weekends,
4) SISU Uptown - Good on Tues industry nights or summer daytime parties. It's winter, don't go. On Fridays now, it's super Asian night lol. Not a bad thing but I took an NYC/China friend to an Asian party as he requested (not my vibe). He proceeded to rip it saying NYC had a more legit Azn scene which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Henderson Street - Places to Visit

1) The Dram - 1/1. Good place to pull. Has a big city LES/Lower East Side yet upscale feel to it. Has some dancing there too.

2) Vickery Park - Thurs-Saturdays can be good at the bar area. Could be a good place to pull like the Dram, but I almost got into two fights there on separate occassions killing that.

3) Candle Room - This is where it's at Wed night. Never been. Very exclusive members only, but I have party promoter friends that go and love it. Gotta accept an invite next time they extend one.

4) J Black's/Gin Mill - Two places right next to each other. Go! (have had success here..not so much SNL but two dates that have resulted in finishes). I also got a punched by a fat chick once since I ignored her attempt to grind on me.

Gin Mill when it first opened had hot yuppie chicks galore Fall 2012 also with great old school hip hop & other tracks. Now it's caved into just bullshit top 40 music, and there were too many fatties my 2nd visit.

5) Victor Tango's - Great place to dine, have drinks, and game in bar area.

Don't Go in Henderson
1) Old Monk - Expensive and a place to to just chat with friends. Very cliquish.

2) Beauty Bar - Some good opportunities here. I prefer Gin Mill/J Black's more though.

3) Slip Inn - Most overhyped place in Dallas. It gets too much cred for playing "old school hip hop." There are some good looking chicks there, but they're usually all with guys. Dallas-ites love it so they can appear to seem cooler to other Dallas ppl. Maybe it's a decent place to chill with friends at best, but for gaming? Fuh-get about it.

Places to Visit Outside the Beaten Path
1) Located in North Oak Cliff, there is a place called Foundry. Its more of a pregame place that is kicking till 11-11:30 in winter. Better prospects of closing in summer time as more people will be drinking out there till 2AM. Great happy hours and the built in restaurant is called Chicken Scratch. Nom.

2) Also located in North Oak Cliff is a place called Belmont Hotel/Smoke. Dine in at Smoke while drinking at Belmont. Great combo.

3) Near outskirts of downtown is a place called Three Sheets. Good pizza and typically hot bitches. What ain't to like. Met a red head there once, but her friends cockblocked. I think she was digging me vibe...the shoulder touch, the hip touch, timely jokes, gradual escalation.....but maybe got hesitant bc she didn't get her friends approval, and then I got wrong phone number lol.

My friend and I brought a group to his place from the bar, but the gal refused to sleep with him last min so they peaced. Good opportunities there though.

4) Cowboys Red River - I hear this place is a gold mine, Wed, Thurs, and perhaps Sat nights. Def on Thursdays though. It's wait out in Northwest-ish Dallas close to Irving/Carrollton/Lewisville though so driving could be issue. Never been, but my friends all vouch for it whether male/female...been to the Arlington location closer to where the Cowboys/Rangers play...the Dallas one would have more bitches overall

That's all I got for now, but this will be a good precedent for a future Dallas sheet with more in depth analysis.

Messages In This Thread