rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need to Leave Russia - Where Next?

Need to Leave Russia - Where Next?

I was at Rolling Stone a few weeks ago and it was indeed very good. Took me a few hours to realize there was a second huge bar/dancefloor upstairs with more people. I liked the downstairs atmosphere better though as it was less loud.

I was in a small town a few hours from Moscow this weekend and the foreigner bonus was alive and well. No one night stands but several good prospects, one of whom has been SMSing me constantly since I left.

I forgot one of the nice things about living in Moscow and going a few hours on the elektrichka out is that of you meet a girl you can then invite her to spend a weekend in Moscow. These girls know what spending the night in your bed means, so if she says yes you are golden.

Prices here are whacky. Some stuff is expensive, but there are many ways to save money.

If you buy a multiple-ride card the metro is still just $0.59 per ride Some bars in the center have happy hour until late (11pm even) with beers under $3 a pint. A loaf of dense black bread is under $1 even in the center.

My monthly cell phone service is just $12 including unlimited data. Internet just $18/month split three ways.

But drinks at upscale clubs, going to strip clubs, fresh fruit or good meat, all of that is crazy expensive.

I live in a bachelor pad with two other guys in a central location ibside tge garden ring for $650 each and we all have our own nice bedrooms.

It can be done on a $2k-$3k a month salary if you basically forego hitting on the stuck up hot chicks.

There are many 7s and 8s who would rather find a normal guy having been burned by the elite crowd before (pumped and dumped). Saw a young girl crying with her mother outside of Rai (I forget the new name) a few weeks back.

I guess in comparison to other EE locations Moscow is actually doable in terms of finding a local job and living off that salary. Everywhere else in EE you really need a location independent job unless you are one of the lucky few working in accounting or consulting.

I have a 9-5 job at a local company here and make around $3k/month, which is a challenge but okay if you give up the idea of trying to act rich.

Even after rent I make about double the average salary here.

Messages In This Thread