rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Fantasy of the Cat Lady Destroyed

The Fantasy of the Cat Lady Destroyed

I'm not much of an animal lover myself but I've always found cat lovers to be a different breed in a negative way from other animal lovers. They take being emotionally dependent on their pets to an extent that I don't really see with other pet owners. For example I had a roommate in college that was a cat lover and he would actually straight up talk to his cats at home via webcam from his dorm room computer. On my Facebook it's the cat owners that constantly flood their feed with pictures of their cats. I can understand wanting to have a profile pic of you and your pet but I don't really get the point of constantly posting new pics of your cat in 5-6 pic bursts or creating entire photo albums just for pics of it.

I've also noticed how caustic a lot of cat owners tend to be. I don't think it's a coincidence why the internet seems to be have a big obsession with cats. Internet culture tends to attract the type of people that are also cat owners: sarcastic, snarky, bitter, basement dweller type people. I'm willing to bet that a vast majority of Tumblr social-justice pansexual chicks and their fedora, Reddit user cousins that have pets most likely have cats as pets.

Messages In This Thread