rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Saving up now....to live well later?

Saving up now....to live well later?

I think this is a dilemma most guys who have actually taken the time to step back and analyze what they want out of life have. Personally, throughout high school and college I was convinced I wanted to be a doctor, and even now the nature or the work and the financial benefits appeal to me. In the end though, I decided that sacrificing my entire 20's and most of my 30s wasn't worth it. There is a great line from Simon Murray's memoir Legionnaire that I think hits the nail on the head:

The corridors of life today seem narrow and the materialistic ends we seek require a constant progression along the path from the moment we take our first examination. But there is time. And to those who totter on the brink, my advice is to climb the mountains of life, and do so while you are young, and you will be happy at 60

Everybody is different, of course. Look at a guy like Warren Buffet. That mofo has had more money than he ever needed ever since he was in his 20's, yet from what I can tell he has never taken the time to actually live his life. For me, on the other hand, money is definitely very important and I do plan on becoming a baller at some point in my life, God willing, but it's not so important that I am willing to give up the best years of my life and the thrill of being young just so I can drive expensive cars and live in a big house starting from 42 rather than 50. But again, everyone is different.

Messages In This Thread