rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

First off - save over the next year. after college go travel for a month or two partying your ass off.

then:

1. Get job in decent sized city.
2. Get apartment in decent sized city. Preferable a single bedroom by yourself.
3. Put a tv and decent couch in the living room. Put a small table/bfast bar in the kitchen. Put a mattress in the bedroom. Buy nothing else besides bachelor essential player equipment (small home bar, decent music setup, etc). You want to keep your apartment spartan style, nothing more than you need to sleep in and bang in.
4. Gym membership. Not a place like planet shitness. Start a solid workout routine. Buy protein, a pre-workout, and a good set of vitamins.
5. Stock your fridge to ensure a nutrient rich diet. Lots of chicken and vegetables.
6. Save money every month, an actuarial job pays decent money correct? Keep your costs of living down and save money. Make that extra money work for you. Start with investing into the major indexes every month. When you get some experience you can go into individual stocks. You can save enough for a 30% downpayment on an investment property. Research and make your money work for you.
7. Budget. It seems boring. It is boring. But budget your money.

ok let me collect my thoughts...now you have your own apartment (possible roomates, depending on location and expenses), its equipped with nothing more than basic essentials, your saving money and making it work for you, you got a solid gym routine down and are serious about it, your budgeting your money (including entertainment money so your not a hermit)......

ok...

8. Work on game. Focus on daygame as it is cheaper and I'm a firm believer that if you can pull sober, you can pull drinking (albeit with some night game modifications)
9. Break your year down into quarters. Start with identifying objectives you want to achieve in the next three months. Every 3 months review what happened over the past 3 months. Are you still on track? If not fix it. Then plan out your next three months.
10. Travel. All work and no play sucks. If your cash flow allows not sacrificing your budgeted savings to do it, great. If your cash flows doesn't, invest your cash for 9 months and then save for travel for three months.
11. Turn the tv off. Read books.
12. Work on improving your career. Figure out what the next step is, what role you need to be promoted to next. Go to your supervisor and ask for a one and one counseling. Ask him to lay out your strengths and weaknesses. Ask him to identify what he needs to see in you for that promotion to take place. Figure how to make that happen. Follow up at a later date (do you everytime your do your own personal quarterly review.

In only two or three years you will be in an amazing position. You will be in shape, well read, well experienced, have a cushion of cash in the bank, probably have a few chicks in the rotation. Then you can think about getting into the location independt lifestyles. Run a few low cost experiments, crash and burn a bit, learn from your mistakes, continue on and work at becoming an entrepreneur if you like the lifestyle. If not, continue the corporate grind while saving, working out, and improving yourself. Both paths are completely respectable.

Or you could sit around, drink beer, play video games, and eat pizza like most of your friends will do.

heres the thing: there are many paths you can take in life. You can start when your 18, 21, 25, 30, 40, whatever. You can always start improving yourself. Your life is like a building. You can't build a strong tall building without a solid foundation. The sooner you build the foundation the sooner you the building can be completed. Start with a shitty foundation and your going to have a shitty building until you fix the foundation.

edit - YMG has some solid advice as well. YMG's route is more adventure and more risk with the possibly of a higher payoff. My advice is less adventurous, less risk, but with the possibly of lower payout. Both routes will accomplish your goal.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread