rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

At a crossroads...

At a crossroads...

Quote: (12-28-2013 07:09 PM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

I'm going to play this straight until others decide he's trolling for real...

Quote: (12-28-2013 02:43 PM)Wavy Wrote:  

People always say "Being nice and expecting a woman to like you is foolish". Well I guess I understand that, but am I supposed to be unfriendly and rude? Whats crossing the line with being a jerk? I always thought being nice is okay as long as Im not a pushover, but I guess I am mistaken.

This is a typical game-newbie conundrum. The key with not being "too nice" is not being a jerk per se, it's removing behaviors that are approval seeking. If you find yourself doing things where you consciously anticipate the joy of a woman positively responding to your gesture, that's an approval-seeking behavior. You want to remove most of these from your repertoire as a first step towards being a stronger man around women. And yes, even not-a-pushover niceness with girls can be tingle-drying. Most girls want to either (a) earn your approval rather than giving theirs to you, or (b) see a man display some kind of positive badassery that goes far beyond just "not being a pushover."

As for being the AF, you can't go abroad at your own choice for a while so you're right that's out. But you should take advantage of the opportunities in the service to become further educated, get new skills, get financial benefits, and move through the social ranks of the airmen or officers. Those opportunities can and will bear fruit across your life.

Mind telling us where you are stationed? MacDill or Lackland is going to be different from Barstow or Wright-Patterson.

Also, did you go to college or no? What in particular led you to sign up for the AF?
Stationed in Little Rock...yeah. It has been a tough adjustment. Between moving and the holidays, money struggles have been present in my life for the past few months. I haven't had much time to pursue extracurricular activities. But the new year is coming up, and now that I finally have everything sorted out and I am done visiting family, I am ready to pursue my goals.

These goals include getting back in the gym and enrolling in the local university (which is paid for by the AF). I bought a book on Zen Buddhism and plan on reading about that just out of pure interest.

As far as game goes...I have been doing my best to apply what I have read here and learned from my buddie who is very successful with women. I don't think he's a member here, but he applies very similar techniques. I do apologize if I am coming off as a troll, but this isn't my intention. This has actually been the most successful year I have had. But there was recently a girl I got really hung up on at the start of the month. I felt like I was doing so well as a pupil of game, but this girl threw me off. And I have been questioning myself since.

This is why I am looking forward to pursueing all my goals I posted above. It'll be a new year and a fresh pay check. I'll be so busy I won't have to constantly over think all of this (which I find myself doing a lot).

Messages In This Thread