rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thedude makes oatmeal

Thedude makes oatmeal

Quote: (12-22-2013 12:27 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

The thing about OF Quaker Oats, and probably the brand in the OP, is they are not GF (gluten-free). I'm sure most of you guys know about the hazards of gluten. Bob's Red Mill oats are GF.

Quote:Quote:

The oats we buy are handled and transported in bulk by our suppliers. Cross contact can occur if the oats are grown in fields or transported in vehicles that once contained other grains. Since the kernels of the other grains are similar in size, shape and color to the oat kernel, it is almost impossible to separate them.

Although wheat, rye and barley are not part of the ingredients in Quaker Steel Cut, Quaker Old Fashioned, Quaker Quick Oats, Corn Bran Crunch, Grits and Cornmeal there is the possibility that they could contain trace amounts of these grains. For these reasons, we've never claimed these products are gluten free.

source

Trace amounts isn't enough for me to pay out extra for a true 'gluten free' or 'organic' brand. I'll stick with good old fashion Quaker.

Messages In This Thread