rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suit game in Asia

Suit game in Asia

Just as a side:

From my experience in Latin America, dressing in suits everyday makes you a target for undesirables. Dressing down, in shirts and jeans makes you invisible.

IMO: I'd rather be invisible in a crowd of people. I try and wear ripped/tattered jeans or an old sweater/hoodie. The problem with dressing up is you are telling the world you are successful and have money. That can be a big problem in the wrong end of town. In Asia this seems to be a bit different but then again, the girl I ended up with also doesn't dress up very often.

I'll give you a good example, back in my hometown we used to own an old bungalow. It was on a side street surrounded by an old wood fence, trees and shrubs and an old shack. The city had risen up around it but no one really game a damn about our house, my parents had completely re-done the inside and it was really a thing of beauty and extreme comfort. People left us alone and never knew what was inside.

My mother being the 'keep up with the Joneses' type, wanted bigger and beautiful to show off to her family. This was a mistake. My house has been in a Home & Garden magazine. We put down interlock, paved the garden and most of the grass, put out nice stone tables and chairs, bulldozed the shack and put in 4 cabanas, there is a big beautiful wooden fence surrounding the area with a small fireplace in the middle, a fountain and a raised patio. We have had 2 break-ins, one guy steal a whole ton of fake jewelery, all of our bikes stolen and different property damage from jealous hoodlums. Everyone, almost in the entire city, knows our house (its located near a shopping mall) and I've had various strange people out in front of the house and also a few people just randomly walk into the backyard to take pictures and 'have a look'. Also a few of the bus drivers have wondered aloud, what 'those' people could be keeping inside those little cabanas (its just junk). One night coming out, I found my Mustang all keyed up with swear words written all over it and a few of our other cars in black permanent marker... I really wish my parents had just left the tree line up and kept everything looking like a junkyard out front.

So in my life, I like to keep a nice apartment inside, with beautiful/comfortable furniture, projector, xbox and a comfortable bed but have the outside look like an old decrepit piece of sh1t. Same for my clothes. My father had the same idea, he worked on TV but drove an old, beat up, rusting away, van around town, wore the exact same clothes pretty much everyday and kept to himself as much as possible.

Being all about face will attract attention but usually its not the type you intended.

Quote:Quote:

If you're a skinny guy, you need to wear skinny jeans to accentuate that triangle shape.

As for this, sorry Leighton, maybe its cause I'm a bit older but if you are a skinny guy, baggy jeans are definitely the way to go.. in my opinion, those other guys look like they have chicken legs. I can't wear pants that aren't baggy, they make me feel completely awkward and I'm basically a bean pole. I use to goto raves alot, so I took a pair of my old raver pants to a tailor in Shanghai and had him copy them into dress pant material. Now I basically have a couple pairs of dress pants that look like cargo pants, they are totally wicked. I love any jeans that have ugly bunching and trouser eating qualities. I wish I could send you all the jeans I just bought and you could send me all your old baggy ugly ones. [Image: smile.gif]

I was under the impression that hipster fashions were started by gay guys?!? I prefer 90's skater fashion personally. That said, I'm also white and I knew a black guy up north who , as you mentioned, only wore fitted suits and hipster pants... he was 10 years younger than me though... might have something to do with it.

Messages In This Thread