rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suit game in Asia

Suit game in Asia

It should probably be added that this may depend on where in Asia we're talking about. Simply because certain rules apply to Japan doesn't mean they necessarily apply to other parts of Asia.

The overall fashion sense in China is very different from Japan, so suiting up will have a different effect depending on which country you're in. Since the Chinese generally dress extremely tacky, you can stand out above the rest just by putting a bit of effort into your appearance, even if you don't bother to suit up. This of course depends on which Chinese club you visit. Suiting up in a club like "Mix" in Beijing (lot's of rich kids and minor celebrities found there), for instance, is less likely to stand out than in a more casual place.

Though I have barely any experience with suits, just by observing the type of salarymen you see stumbling out of the bars and Izakayas at midnight, they all pretty much have the same type of black suit and tie on. I really think the only thing you'd need to do to avoid being associated with them is not wear anyhing other than the standard black suit, black pants, black necktie and white shirt. Any other color or style should be enough to stick out, I would think.

Messages In This Thread