rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suit game in Asia

Suit game in Asia

I am considering a major upgrade of my wardrobe and that includes a new suit or two.

There are enough threads about where to buy suits in Asia but I'm more interested in how you guys dress when gaming over here. Do you tend to go casual or suited up?

A few questions:

- A LARGE proportion of men in Tokyo/Asian cities are suited up on weekdays. And not in a good way. A suit in Japan/Korea is the uniform for men. They all look like fucking robots. Same goes for Saturdays as many work 6 days a week. I want to buy myself something nice for going out but my concern is that I don't want to look like another salaryman who stumbled into the bar drunk (and didn't bother changing) after their company piss up. If you go out suited, how do you distinguish yourself from the rest?

- The smoke. Everyone smokes like chimneys in clubs, bars and even restaurants here. The smell in the morning is always on my clothes but I can just wash them. Having to dry clean a suit after every time I go out would get old quickly. Do you have a way of getting rid of the smell without dry cleaning?

- Do you think being suited holds the same advantage in Asia? In the West, 90% of guys tend to be sloppy in how they dress so I think that dressing up a bit helps you stand out from the crowd. I'm wondering if it's almost the opposite that would work better in Asia...but I obviously don't want to go metrosexual either.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Messages In This Thread