rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Not saying you can cook

Not saying you can cook

Quote: (12-15-2013 11:17 PM)puckman Wrote:  

Based on the ROK post about hiding your power, from now on I think I am not disclosing I can cook so easily. I lead with it, I always like to brag about it, its one of my 'stories', but here is something I have found over the years, it sets you up for quick failure from overblown hamster expectations. When you don't deliver, the chicken is a tad off, some weird food preference is not known, or for whatever reason your bacon preference is offensive(more than 50% of the time it is), there are literally 1000's of reasons it can go wrong, and this goes for anyone you cook for, not just women you are dating.

I grew up cooking. Started in fast food at age 14, graduated to Denny's running a shift, ended up a sous chef in a high rated establishment by age 19, and I learned more about cooking than your average culinary grad. I always lead with it, talk about it, the first to volunteer for it when there is a kitchen. I love telling the story to women on dates, they get all starry eyed. They see me as a catch because of it. They all expect I will cook for them if we last more than a few dates. And out of all of the woman in my life, only one could cook well, and surprise surprise, shes not an American. And I really dont want one thinking I am their food savior because they chose not to watch momma in the kitchen as a child.

From what I have found it just builds too much expectation, needless pressure, too many variables and resentment arising from leading with this. My realization is that I will only cook for people I know well, or completely surprise someone exceptionally special. Maybe I am a little jaded from it....

dude it puts you in the boyfriend category and we all know how well that works out.

Messages In This Thread