rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where oh where in China

Where oh where in China

Quote: (12-09-2013 11:13 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Applying for jobs I wasn't qualified for has started to pay off. I'm most likely taking a job with an international primary school in Wuhan. The pay is 11500 RMB/month, 18 to 25 teaching hours with 5 office hours per week, weekends off. It's a damn shame those jobs in Bangkok never called me back, though. Seems like Thai standards are higher. Thanks for all the info guys. Has anyone else noticed that most of the jobs in Shanghai and Beijing pay less than the tier 2 and 3 cities? Do they really expect people to take a huge pay cut, despite the higher cost of living, just because these cities are more desirable? I wouldn't take a 25% reduction in salary to live in New York over Baltimore.

You can do much better than 10,000-11,500 per month in Shanghai. I just had a look on craigslist and echinacities and there are quite a few with better conditions than that.

What's your major? My company has 4 open positions for subject teaching positions- Math, Science, History, Eng. Lit. Salary is in the range of 18-25k. Salary depends on what you bring to the table and how well you can negotiate. You'd need a suitable major in the humanities or in hard sciences/math, though. Perhaps a solid minor in one of these areas would work but I not making the hiring decisions...

What's your timetable for getting over here? Send me a PM. Perhaps, I can forward your resume.

I have a friend who's married to a successful recruiter. Supposedly, she's having a hell of a time finding qualified people with the new visa law that went into effect on September 1st. For that reason, salaries are going up. You might want to look into the new regulations or start asking recruiters exactly what they are. I've heard that they are no longer able to convert you visa from tourist to work permit in-country--- you have to go all the way back to your home country to complete the process. There are also no more runs to Hong Kong. Shit has tightened up.

Disclaimer: as with anything, there are grey areas. Perhaps, there are companies that are paying off the right guy and can get your visa processed in-country. However, my company just had to pay to send 4 teachers all the way back to the States for 1 week to get it done...

Messages In This Thread