rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where oh where in China

Where oh where in China

Quote: (12-09-2013 11:39 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

I haven't been able to find any decent jobs in major cities, so I'd rather take a decent paying one in central China. I'm not really interested in going to a foreign country and still being surrounded by fat, obnoxious Americans, at least not for the first year. I'm going hardcore trying to learn Mandarin, meaning no English unless absolutely necessary. At any rate, I'll keep you guys updated. I'm either going to love it or wind up switching schools to Guangzhou or Shenzhen for the second semester.

Sounds like a fair plan, although you'd be able to avoid foreigners in EVERY Chinese city, if you made a point of doing so. We're still outnumbered, 1000 to 1, even in places like Beijing.

And the fat Americans tend to be tourists, if you see them at all.

One doesn't see many fatties in China. It's always a big shocker coming back to North America and wondering when the elephant invasion went down.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread