rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where oh where in China

Where oh where in China

Quote: (12-09-2013 11:13 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Applying for jobs I wasn't qualified for has started to pay off. I'm most likely taking a job with an international primary school in Wuhan. The pay is 11500 RMB/month, 18 to 25 teaching hours with 5 office hours per week, weekends off. It's a damn shame those jobs in Bangkok never called me back, though. Seems like Thai standards are higher. Thanks for all the info guys. Has anyone else noticed that most of the jobs in Shanghai and Beijing pay less than the tier 2 and 3 cities? Do they really expect people to take a huge pay cut, despite the higher cost of living, just because these cities are more desirable? I wouldn't take a 25% reduction in salary to live in New York over Baltimore.

I doubt that, based on my experiences in tier one and two cities.

It may be different when you are applying via email from abroad and don't have a great number of qualifications or experience, but in country, plenty of people earn 11,000+ in tier ones.

Then again, there are plenty of high schools and universities that will not offer more than 7000 RMB / mnth through out China, tier one cities and lower. How they ever find employees, I'll never understand.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread