rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Glimpse At How The Media Treated Women This Year

A Glimpse At How The Media Treated Women This Year

I thought this was a noteworthy reply:

Quote:Quote:

Spencer Anderson1 hour ago

+FlyingAero
That's all fine and dandy, but when you've got children (even toddlers) watching TV, that shapes how they are in the future, believe it or not. I study the media and this is my degree. Sexual advertising to children is no joke and many parents don't want this "forced" upon their young virgin eyes.

Then you have the parents who just sit their child in front of the television and use it as a baby sitter, exposing their children to cartoons and advertisements alike - true story: children cannot distinguish between when a cartoon has ended and a commercial has begun, hence the FCC passing some regulation forcing advertisers to put a buffer in between the segments to give the notion that there might be something else showing on television rather than a continuation of a cartoon they had been previously watching.

You hear that guys? This is his DEGREE. God knows if I dropped tens of thousands of dollars on a "Media Studies" degree I'd feel the need to justify my existence too.

It's somewhat infuriating that this prevalence of puritanical ideology still persists in America. Parents that don't want their children exposed to sexual imagery, and yet have no problem exposing them to gross displays of violence.

These same parents that restrict sex from their children are the same ones that raise daughters and send them off to college to get gangbanged in drunken orgies.

If you raise kids thinking that sex is another normal function like eating or taking a shit, they're not going to develop any maladapted views towards sex. If you treat sexual imagery as some sort of "forbidden fruit", I'd theorize that you create a lot more rapists and sluts. Deny men sex, and they'll take it with violence. Deny women sex, and they'll take it by overcompensating.

The feminist agenda of censorship could lead to very ugly consequences if it gains too much traction.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread