rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Plan of attack for Asia?

Plan of attack for Asia?

I would recommend spending at least two weeks in Thailand if you can, if you're limited on time I would check out Koh Chang, I never made it there, but it is one of the (closer) beach spots to Bangkok, a 5 hr. bus ride and is supposed to be really nice, with a good mix of beach and party vibes. If you want to be even closer Hua Hin is supposed to be a pretty decent beach town even closer to Bangkok (2-3 hrs)., mostly visiting Thais from Bangkok at Hua Hin. In Bangkok, Khao San Rd. is the cheapest area to stay in town and backpacker central, definitely lot's of partying and backpacker girls from all over the world. Alternatively the "Sukhumvit" area seems like the next best choice, is more of an upscale area where you will find more Thais and less backpackers, but still lot's of bars/clubs/restaurants/shopping, however, it will be much more expensive to stay there than Khao San overall. If you have more time in Thailand, I would also maybe suggest checking out Chaing Mai, but it is either a long train ride or flight from BKK.

Japan sounds like a must visit, and I am toying with the idea of teaching English either there or in S.K. like you are going to be, anyone have any info. or ideas on how bad the radiation thing must be over there. China personally isn't on my radar, but is so close to S.K. you might as well check it out, for me, Chinese girls just aren't that attractive, and most of the Chinese I've met have been rude and standoffish, (but so have the Koreans for that matter).

I spent a week in Siem Reap, Cambodia, mostly to check out Angkor Wat (which is definitely worth checking out if you're into historical/cultural stuff too), however I wasn't that impressed with Cambodia, and wouldn't visit it solely to pick up girls and party. Cambodia pros: it's super cheap, people are nice, speak English, Angkor Wat, cons: it's hot as balls, really poor, dirty, food is avg., girls aren't that hot.

I've never been to Bali, but it is just about at the top of the lists of places I want to travel to next. Everyone raves about Bali and it's supposed to have that amazing mix of nature, party scene, and culture, that can be so elusive to the traveler, I would definitely plan on spending some time there.

Hope this helps a little.

Messages In This Thread