rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fort Worth, Texas Data Sheet November 2013 Update (Greater Tarrant County)

Fort Worth, Texas Data Sheet November 2013 Update (Greater Tarrant County)

Though West 7th and Downtown are the most well known areas of Ft. Worth, the remainder of this report is a testament to why I love the city as the surrounding areas have more personality. The real Ft. Worth might I add. Let's start with the Stockyards.

Stockyards Neighborhood

This is arguably the biggest tourist attraction in Ft. Worth as the emphasis shifts towards "Where the West Begins:"

It's a bit far from everything, but there are cool rewarding happenings around the area.

[Image: 11093341285_cf4470abdb_b.jpg]

Restaurants & Happenings
Ft. Worth Stockyard Rodeo - Never been myself, but it's a well known thing around here. There is usually something happening every Saturday.

Risky's Barbeque - Apparently the best and most well known location is situated here int he Stockyards. Definitely worth a try.

Joe T. Garcia's - The most well known restaurant in the Stockyards. I would say the food is quite overrated though it's a very scenic restaurant with a jammin patio in the warmer months. By the way, it is cash only. Joe T's is owned by the same people as the place next door known as Esperanza's Bakery & Cafe. The food next door is less gringo-ish and more authentic. My suggestion is to eat at Esperanza's while then having drinks at Joe T's for gaming. If you are to eat at Joe T's, go for the enchiladas instead of the fajitas on the limited menu. Enchiladas are the best offering at the restaurant.

[Image: 1gOGkK.St.117.jpeg]

Esperanza's - A more authentic version of Joe T's. Bring cash only.
Lonesome Dove - High end country eating by Tim Love. Never been though it is critically acclaimed.

Love Shack Stockyards
- I mentioned this burger place by Tim Love in the West 7th section. Since that location closed, try the well known Stockyards location as it's the only one in Ft. Worth these days.

Nightlife - At nights, many lots will charge anywhere from $5-10.00 for parking. There has got to be a way around that, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Billy Bob's - This is apparently the world's largest "honky tonk" bar. It's all country music all the time. Plenty of nice ladies around with opportunities to square dance. If you ask a lady to dance, she will gladly oblige though don't expect anything too serious from it. If you've got good game, you should be able to escalate here. There is always a $10.00-$20.00 cover charge on Saturdays because that's when the big bands come so try to go on a Friday night. I've only been twice with friends, but was kind of a party pooper since I wasn't too fond of the atmosphere.

PR's - Oh yes. The guilty pleasure bar of your OP. It's a country hip hop venue where they'll play two rap songs where slutty country chicks will grind all over the place and then things will shift towards a slow country followed by a faster paced country song. Lots of sluts here. Keep in mind smoking is allowed so you will end up smelling like a chimney. Best to wear a nice flannel dress shirt and jeans that can be washed immediately afterwards. Not sure if anything happens Thursdays, but Fridays & Sundays are where it's at. Especially Sunday's. Cover is usually $3.00-$5.00, but drinks were dirty cheap like $1.75 per well or beer. Definitely worth it. Every other Sunday might be a Bikini contest now? Not sure...but I'll take the unapologetic cheesiness of PR's over any other bar in Downtown or West 7th because it feels like such a hardcore country atmosphere opposed to an extension of an over glorified suburb.

If I'm not mistaken, this place is 18+ so males under 21 would have to pay a higher cover.

[Image: l.jpg]

[Image: 318688612_640.jpg]

Neon Moon - Same thing as PR's plus the age thing too except a little more spread out. I like the congested tightly packed setting of PR's more as you don't have to walk a farther distance to approach chicks. I was actually picked up by a gal here one time though I'm not too proud of that moment, lol. Yeah..would rather not get into that...biggest regret in life was not getting a hotter chick from the Stockyards at a younger age with less responsibilities...but it's never too late to come back with my boys & relive the good ole times. I still prefer Neon Moon and PR's more than Billy Bob's.

I'm a very big fan of the Stockyards. This is a "major neighborhood" that will offer the best swoop opportunities though the gals may be cooouuunnn-tryyy, but man are they primed for boning.

Medical District Revitalization

The Medical District is well..full of health care-based offices, hospitals, etc. Who would've thought? Ft. Worth professionals are starting to move here now as it was a formerly dilapidated neighborhood on the rise again.

Massey's - Well-known chicken fried steak at a very reasonable cost. Try it.

Bars -
The Usual - Upscale martini bar in Ft. Worth. I'm not a fan. You can skip it. No single chicks here. Just a bunch of people trying to be "big city-ish" though nobody is really for the taking. Going to a Martini Bar in Dallas should yield better results. I'm not paying $12.00 for a martini if there are no single bitches present.
Chat Room - Pretty neat dive bar next to the Usual. There is even a lady inside serving cash only tamales to drunk's with the urge to munch. Go here inside of The Usual
Rahr Brewery - Not really a bar, but this is the most well-known brewery in Ft. Worth. Go on a Saturday tour of the brewery for $10.00-$15.00, and you get a free glass at the end. Great beers though I'm not a huge beer enthusiast. Worth a visit.

TCU Neighborhood -

Berry Street /University Drive - All the TCU bars are lined up around here. It's not just students but people of all kinds. Not a bad place to bar hop.
Buffalo Brothers - Great restaurant with a nice bar area to pre-game and talk to women. Originally from city of Buffalo as they offer pizza, wings, and sandwiches. Start a night out here I must say.
Blue Mesa - Great Friday happy hour with good talent around. Try it. Chain with locations all over DFW.

Hulen/Camp Bowie/Interstate 30-

Lot of restaurants and bars around here. Pretty suburb-ish, but definitely worth a try.

Gingerman - Beer/wine establishment also with a Dallas location. Probably a better day drinking establishment than a night one. Even the Dallas location is more about friends drinking with each other opposed to gaming. Some good talent in the daytime based on past visits.

Miscellaneous Venues Around Ft. Worth Area -
Margie's Italian - Kind of overpriced Italian restaurant near Camp Bowie South. Cool venue though with plenty of hotties around and good food. Very atmospheric.
Mancuso's - Tony Bennett's favorite Italian restaurant whenever visiting or performing in DFW. It's way the hell out of nowhere in Ft. Worth. Never been as they have funny hours, but I hear it's splendid.

Haltom City Area - Various Mexican/Vietnamese markets & restaurants. Will find some good tacquerias around this area. Worth visiting for those great ethnic eats.

There's a chain Chinese cash only restaurant known as First Chinese BBQ in the Metroplex. The best location is for some reason in Haltom City even though there are not too many Chinese in Tarrant County period (mainly Vietnamese if we're talking Asians)

Bars
Showdown - Country bar off Bryant Irvin and I-20. Townies and hoes.
Rack Daddy's - Chain restaurant and bar for pool tables. Location off Bryant Irvin and I-20 is the best for talent. They even have a ping pong table. Love this place.
Yupp's Karaoke Bar - Small dive bar with karaoke. Takes forever to perform a song. Lots of townie talent in here. One of my favorite venues in DFW period. Near Crowley Road and I-20.
Ozzie Rabbit Lounge - This is borderline Arlington, but technically in Ft. Worth city limits on the east side off Lancaster and I-820. Owned by the same people as Cave's in Arlington. Have pulled a couple gals back with a friend though he blew it with socially awkward comments at the end, lol.
BBQ - Barbeque is well known in Ft. Worth as the most well-known spots are:
Angelo's - Just slightly northwest of Downtown Ft. Worth. I love the sandwiches, fresh draft beer, environment, and sides. What's not to love about that and some sweet tea too?
Railhead - This place has better barbeque and sauces than Angelo's. Never been to the actual restaurant, but had Railhead catered at a wedding rehearsal dinner. Near Hulen/I-30.
Cousin's - Multiple locations across FW. Good bbq. I like to buy sweet tea by the gallon from here.
Sammie's BBQ - Haltom City. Very underrated. Excellent Ribs. Go!

I'm sure any BBQ enthusiast around Tarrant County could mention more, but that's the info I can provide for now.

Other attractions
Kimball Art Museum - Critically acclaimed art museum. They even have a pretty good Sunday brunch.
Ft. Worth Zoo - Better than Dallas Zoo.
Botanical/Japanese Gardens - Definitely worth a visit. Scenic greenery.

Events Worth Attending -
Colonial Golf Tournament - This occurs right after the Byron Nelson Classic in Dallas. Or rather the week after. While the Byron in Las Colinas/Irving is known as more of a hoochie mama pick up event, the Colonial is more about families & well I guess golf.

The course is also much more scenic as well. Happens mid-late May. I think there would be more sluts at the event if it didn't occur on Memorial Day Weekend on some years. During that time, most of the hoes head to the lake (most noticeably Lake Lewisville for Party Cove). Justifiably so. I love the hoes on Lake Lewisville & Sneaky Pete's near Denton.

Nice pic here..but I would prefer to trade preppy dudes & families for the hoes of the Byron Nelson -
[Image: nicholscol_0527spo022.JPG]

Cystic Fibrosis Dinner (Wine & Food Extravaganza) - This event usually occurs in the Autumn around October/Early November. Happens on some dude's badass ranch party in southwest Ft. Worth with plenty of hoes around. If you can get tickets...go.

If you want to volunteer, go to this website & contact the proper authorities: http://www.cff.org/Chapters/fortworth/in...vent=20843

I used to volunteer at this event with friends. Passing up on free food, wine, booze, and cougars would be no bueno. Try to volunteer...it's fun..and you might get to take home tons of alcohol for free, haha.

[Image: Image%20Updated1.png]

Main Street Arts Festival - I would say avoid this event in Downtown Ft. Worth. Driving around downtown is a mess as finding parking can prove to be a real headache. I've mainly seen couples at this event opposed to single chicks around. Some decent outdoor bands to attend occasionally. A comparable in Dallas is Taste of Addison mid-late May whereas this event is sometime around April.

Nascar in April - For those that like Nascar, this occurs at Texas Motor Speedway north of the city every April.

Concluding Thoughts on FW City Limits
Overall, I'm a big fan of Ft. Worth. There is something to be said about having friends and peers all over the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex since it's an area with much to offer. Not a bad place to settle down though the distance from Dallas-based resources is painful. I would like FW more if it wasn't such a small world full of townies I went to high school with. It's not that I hate townies...but seeing the same ppl over and over again while telling them what I'm currently doing in my life is meh. Revolving my social life around that scenario as a young professional just isn't worth it.

While the two main "going out" areas are West 7th and Downtown, I believe the "heart" of Ft. Worth lies within driving your car around and getting lost in the aforementioned neighborhoods mentioned in this specific post I've just typed up.

Hope this was helpful to those that might be relocating in DFW. If you're willing to drive (need a car in area regardless), Ft. Worth is a piece of the Metroplex puzzle worth getting acquainted with as you really cannot run out of places to try or things to do with the proper adventurous mentality.

I will conclude my reports in this thread with an overview of Northeast Tarrant County including North Richland Hills, Hurst/Euless/Bedford, Grapevine, Colleyville, and Southlake. There will probably not be as much to discuss though it is the mention

The Dallas data sheet is becoming more and more imminent by the day....or at this pace, a couple of months since I'm feeling pretty lazy lol.

Messages In This Thread