rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Some Questions About Teaching English in Japan

Some Questions About Teaching English in Japan

Quote: (11-26-2013 08:26 PM)Shadowarrior Wrote:  

Finishing grad school next spring and had some questions to those who have lived in Japan and worked as English teachers. Little bit about myself. I speak, read and write Japanese at an intermediate college level. I can read simple Kanji, but I can't read a Japanese newspaper. I can have casual conversations with people. I can understand 80% of what is said on Japanese televisions shows. I grew up in the US, but I went to Japanese school every Saturday for 13 years, and I was raised by Japanese parents.

-Where are good places to live where I can game and meet women? Five to seven locations would be great.

-How is my physical appearance going to play a part in my game effectiveness? Which cities would I be effective? I am your stereotypical, short Asian guy, but I do speak Japanese. I have beginning experience in game. I can do approaches, get into conversations and but weak in closing. I have no illusions about miraculously doing well in Japan, but I'm willing to put in the work.

-What type of organization is the best place to get a job? What type of organization is the easiest place to get a job? What is the pay usually like? What kind of training are they looking for? I will be scanning websites like Dave's ESL Cafe, but I also wanted to get some additional and current insight from gamers. Thanks.

If you have a grad school degree you could easily get a job at a university I guess. . .

What did you major in?

Isaiah 4:1

Messages In This Thread