rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strength Training

Strength Training

Quote: (05-13-2011 03:35 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2011 09:00 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

if it's loose skin you're fucked. Sorry to say it but skin only bounces back so much if you've been heavy for a while and it's gotten to the point that it's hanging the only way to correct that is through a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck if it's a minor case. The garment you're talking about is called a compression garment and that is usually worn to keep swelling from getting worse and keep fluids from collecting and getting infected, it doesn't do much for the actual tightening of the skin. Vitamin E and the other stuff will help to a degree but it depends on how much of a problem you have, when you say decent amount you make me think you can grab it with your hand and that much isn't going to bounce back. I know I see this quite often I am starting a medical tourism company with a plastic surgeon abroad and I sat in with him during some consultations so I could know what to look for and this was a common issue. When you're a bigger guy and you cut down they don't tell you that when you get down you're still gonna have some issues. I saw a couple guys who you could see their 6 pack clear as day and under it saggy pouch, doc has to cut that off, lipo or creams pills don't fix that. This is of course based on the assumption that there is a fair amount of loose skin if it's minimal different story but only you know how much you have

Its about a large handful at any given spot around my core, its not hanging off like a curtain, but its definitely obstructing what should be a much more toned looking mid section.

Thanks for the info on Vit E and cocoa butter, I dont have the cash to go under the knife, so I'm definitely willing to give this a shot, I'll hit up the drug store this weekend and give it a shot for a month and keep track of any results.

thats why weight loss needs to be gradual so the elasticity of the skin has a chance to rebound accordingly but when weight loss is done quickly and there isn't a lot of collagen in the skin the result will be that loose skin. If you can get a handful I'd imagine at some point you'll have to look at surgery if you want that defined 6 pack. There are collagen creams but theres no science behind them actually working so just an fyi in case you get talked into trying them, they'll just eat a hole in your wallet.

Messages In This Thread