rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Bullying A Problem In American Society?

Is Bullying A Problem In American Society?

Quote: (11-11-2013 01:07 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

This is a perspective I have never been able to grasp. I have always been future oriented so the temporary pain of the present was always easy to over come.

That probably would have helped me. Hope is such a powerful force that it made the difference in whether someone survived the Holocaust (refer to Man's Search for Meaning). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to/couldn't imagine a better future. In my mind, my entire life would suck. Typical short-sightedness of a child, but it was all I had known.

Quote:Quote:

You know, I'll say it now I would never put down my son (or daughter) if he got into a fight for defending himself. I'd need to hear the story and tell him to not go looking for trouble. But still, defending yourself is so fundamental to the fiber of our being that

I thought my dad was going to belt me really good when I was first suspended. I'd gotten it for far less. But thankfully, he took the time to ask me why, believed me when I told him, and said I did the right thing.

If your kid leans towards the nerdier side and you want to help him out, show him Paul Graham's "Why Nerds are Unpopular". Wish that was available to me when I was in middle school.

Quote:gmanifesto Wrote:

To the guys that got relentlessly bullied when they were younger:

Did you guys have fathers around?

Like Agent 47, mine was always out of town on business. When he was around, he ran me down a lot because he was stressed from work. Didn't help that he also had poor social calibration.

Messages In This Thread