rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Bullying A Problem In American Society?

Is Bullying A Problem In American Society?

Quote: (11-11-2013 05:10 AM)Inspired Wrote:  

I was bullied and I don't think I got anything positive from it.

At least in my case, I was embarrassed to tell my parents, or anyone else about it, so I had to deal with it myself. There can be a lot of shame for the person being bullied.

So what did I do? I fought back, which only happened a few times. I ended up getting in equal trouble as the bullies. After that, I didn't feel like I could fight back so easily.

And the problem was, if I fought back, afterwards I'd have more than one bully try to gang up on me. So fighting back wasn't the deterrent it should have been.

I should have started lifting weights and made myself bigger and stronger. That would have helped probably, but who knows.......

I just think there are a lot of psycho's out there who bully people in extreme ways, that just can't be acceptable or provide any useful purpose.

As far as this football situation goes, people can crack under the pressure. This guy obviously cracked. I think he should have handled it better and tried to fix the situation in house, but let's not forget these are young guys who are learning about life. He probably didn't think he could have handled it in house. I was in a situation like this before too. And looking back, I could have handled everything very effectively, but I didn't because I was young and didn't know better.

Serious question as I don't understand. Why the shame and fear?

I knew I was better than my bullies and everyone else. What happened to you to make you afraid to speak up?

I don't want my children being afraid to speak up and fight back.

Messages In This Thread