rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Again, don't go to India.

Again, don't go to India.

Quote: (11-09-2013 06:54 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

^^^ what can you tell us about Mumbai ??? thanks in advance

I've spent a grand total of one day in Mumbai, so I probably can't give you a detailed picture of the place. I personally found it more shocking and disgusting than any other part of India(shittier than Agra, which is saying something).

Beggars will often go up to cars mired in traffic(this is common throughout most of South Asia/the developing world); once in Mumbai my mother and I were accosted by a little kid whose skin looked crumpled. There were burn marks on his face, and the skin on his chest literally looked like a crumped piece of paper. Shriveled up. This was one of the more traumatizing things that I saw during my last trip to India, and it probably distorted my perception of the city of Mumbai. The level of poverty there was unbelievable. Agra was almost as bad, but then Agra isn't a major city, nor is it essentially the cultural capital of the Indian nation. The fact that a city as important as Mumbai could be so disgustingly poor was depressing.

I personally have a terrible impression of the place, but that's based off of a cursory visit that didn't encompass the nicer areas of the city. Navi Mumbai, and those neighborhoods inhabited by the rich, should be markedly better. I also did see attractive girls on Mumbai's streets, which is more than I can say for Delhi(epic sausagefest) or Chennai(possibly the ugliest people on earth). I have no clue how daygame or nightgame would work there, but I would imagine that it would be easier in Mumbai than anywhere else in the subcontinent.

Oh, and stay the fuck out of Dharavi. The stuff I saw in fairly middle-class areas was disturbing. The stuff you'll see in a legitimate slum might leave you unable to sleep for a week.

Messages In This Thread