rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hello Ladies (HBO)

Hello Ladies (HBO)

Quote: (10-30-2013 02:35 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I had high hopes for this show. I enjoy it but so far it doesn't have enough depth and complexity for my taste. The jokes are good but I would like to see more jokes about red pill culture/society, etc.

Some backstory might help.

I like it and I wil still watch every episode, I was just hoping for a litte more social commentary and satire.

Steve, feel free to contact me to discuss.

I like "EastBound and Down" better right now. Its more layered and reaches deeper into the of question of modern masculinity in culture. I normally don't like to have ficticious idols but Kenny Powers motivates me.

I'd imagine that they've already wrapped up production on all of this season's episodes, so I'm not sure how much more character development and backstory we'll get because I think there are only 3-4 episodes left.

Anyhow I think the show is pretty decent overall, I wouldn't say I love it, it's hilarious, or it's one of my favorites, but I enjoy watching it and find it to be entertaining.

While I agree with all the criticism I think ultimately what we got to remember is that it's a comedy, it's supposed to make us laugh, not to spread the red pill, or provide scathing social commentary. While the cringe humor does get kind of old, I do think the show is pretty funny overall and I have got some laughs out of every episode. Guys here on RVF are so deeply rooted in game and the red pill that we are disappointed when we don't see that in the characters, we want them to succeed and be able to identify with them.

If we're lucky we may get some glimpses of character development at the end of the season, kind of leaving us and the creators with more to work with and expand upon next season (if they even get one). I hope in the last couple episodes we get more back story and maybe see some shift in Merchant's character "Stuart" into more game and red pill thinking.

Messages In This Thread