rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hello Ladies (HBO)

Hello Ladies (HBO)

Quote: (10-30-2013 02:51 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

but then again, the Office was. was there any growth on Ricky Gervais' character? I didn't watch enough to know.

The problem with that comparison is that the Office (the US version with Steve Carell) was a real comedy. There was some cringe humor and Michael's character never really grew but it was balanced because you have an ensemble cast and you can give the different characters their storylines.

With this show it's only 3 or 4 characters and the main character hogs most of the TV time and all we see with him is cringe humor. There is no yin to his yang. I feel like this show is stuck between trying to be a comedy or trying to portray a guy learning Game.

They should either go all in on the cringe humor and make it actually funny or show some growth and move in the direction in which we all thought it would. I have maybe laughed once or twice while watching the first 5 episodes. Unfunny cringe humor with no real growth or goals in mind for the character is garbage TV. I think this is all this show is going to be. Does anyone know if this has been renewed for a season 2 yet? I doubt it will.

Messages In This Thread