rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Totem Pole of Race Attractiveness, Indian male question.

Totem Pole of Race Attractiveness, Indian male question.

Quote: (05-09-2011 06:39 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

I did not get it! The girl gets kidnapped, and he tries to run after to save her (granted he was screaming like a little bitch form the balcony at her, I personally would of thrown something at her)

Yeah, I see how that could be a little vague if you haven't seen this movie all the way through, though I think you can start to get a sense for how obsessed this guy is with this one girl.

In the movie, this guy follows this girl around his whole life, wanting to bang her from pretty much childhood to that moment in the clip--in a monumental case of one-itis. He screams "Latika!" like a little bitch throughout pretty much the whole movie. He basically remains celibate the whole time, while the girl moves on and bangs some rich dude with whom she moves in. I think she's raped some where in there too. Undeterred, the main dude goes to the ends of Earth trying to find her, putting his life at risk in the process. The chase culminates with the moment in the clip. The guy kidnapping the girl is actually that goofy dude's brother.

These sort of "epic love stories" are par for the course in Bollywood movies. Every movie, regardless of whether it's an action, drama, or love story includes this type of story within it. Even though Slumdog Millionaire wasn't technically a "Bollywood" movie, since it was made by Americans, it basically followed the formula loyally.

In each one of these Bollywood flicks, the dude has do super-human stuff to land the chick. The girl is presented in god-like stature. They guys are presented as a groveling, unworthy betas, even when they're super-cool, rockstar types outside the company of women. Every movie ends in an elaborate wedding. No one gets any action outside of marriage. I can't overstate how common this motif is. I've seen dozen of them, since I have some Indian friends that like them, and I can say that it's pretty much 100 percent of the movies.

My argument is that this sort messaging, where women are elevated as these unattainable objects and the men that are ultimately successful at scoring them are depicted as super-betas that have to grovel and ultimately must marry, has permeated the culture and affected the way the average Indian dude perceives women and game.

Sure, it's a chicken-and-egg argument, the culture creates the movies, but Bollywood serves as a powerful reinforcer that transcends national boundaries. Even Indians outside of India fall victim to this shit within their relocated families and communities.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread