rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When friends/girls/acquintances don't reply to your communication

When friends/girls/acquintances don't reply to your communication

Quote: (10-28-2013 05:57 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (10-28-2013 06:20 AM)Caveman Wrote:  

You probably haven't understood me well. The worst thing that happened was that I recently had to discard a very loyal and close friend of mine who's always been ready to jump into fire to help me with anything anytime, only because he ignores my communication (and everybody elses) at will, and this behaviour of his seemed to be getting worse with time. I've given it quite some thought, and the result is that no benefit of any relationship can make me tolerate disrespect, even if the disrespect is all in my head and he had no such intention.

You are choosing to view it as disrespectful.

Maybe he's busy.

Maybe he gets depressed.

Maybe he's introverted and doesn't want to "communicate" all day.

Unless it's an urgent message ("In jail, bro, come bail me out") who cares?

Yes I and many other peope indeed choose to view it as disrespectful. It's not even a choice, it's more like a feeling which I cannot reprogram. Call us old fashioned if you will.

And to make it clear this thread is strictly about people who choose not to reply because they consider it not a big deal, I mentioned above that if there's even a little justification (even having forgotten) then I'm very forgiving.

And this particular friend doesn't fall into any of your suggestions, he had this going on for years not only towards me but also towards other close friends of ours, and generally towards all people, and we have warned him multiple times how irritating it is but he remained and even worsened. So I'm glad I had him for a very good friend for over a decade, but now he's just a very distant acquaintance, and for being so unreliable I won't dedicate to him even one hour per year to see him again.

Messages In This Thread