rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

20Nation and TravelHardCore (THC) in Dominican Republic
0Nation and TravelHardCore (THC) in Dominican Republic
I had a really chill day today and I finally ventured out of Zona Colonial. I was supposed to meet my girl at 1pm, so obviously at 2pm she shows up... Needless to say, it was well past 3pm before we were ready to leave the hotel and go out.

We took the guagua, which is a local, seemingly improvised public transport, which reminded me a lot of the jeepneys in the Philippines. They are run down old vans with missing doors, missing seats and missing who-knows-what, but somehow they are still driving.

[Image: 212eb6v.jpg]

Like the Philippine jeepneys have a barker, the guy that tries to get as much passengers on board as a possible and collects the money, here they have el cobrador.

The cobrador hangs outside of the van as it drives around and jumps out from time to time to convince people to take his guagua. That guy must work on commission, because he was véry active.

We start driving through markets & ghettos. Every building in DR is a old building, even the new ones. My girl is asking me if my country has old buildings like this too, cute.

[Image: ev0v2b.jpg]

I had heard about Boca Chica beach, so I figured going there, but it was a bit further then expected. I took me over one hour to get there with the guagua & express bus (leaving from Calle de Conde), but it was nice to get there.

[Image: ae1i83.jpg]

The beach is clean, no white sand but clear water at the right temperature, and it was nice to see some of those DR booties in bikinis. There are plenty of restaurants around that serve fresh seafood.

We got some free beach chairs with the beers we ordered so that was a good deal.

Good company:

[Image: 16jqtu.jpg]

It's well worth a trip out and I will go back again, but I have to go a LOT earlier. By the time I got there the sun was already setting. Moreover, I lost track of time and since it was further then expected I had to cancel on my date with a new girl.

Tomorrow I'll have to do some repairs.

Messages In This Thread