rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russell Brand looks to start a revolution

Russell Brand looks to start a revolution

It_is_my_time, your whole argument is so twisted and erratic, I don't know even know where to begin with.

I've said it another thread and I gladly repeat here as well: The claim that European countries are still strict class societies whilst the US is a meritocratic paradise with equal opportunities for all, is simply not true anymore. Educate yourself a little bit and stop denying the most obvious facts.

Quote:Quote:

Back in its Horatio Alger days, America was more fluid than Europe. Now it is not. Using one-generation measures of social mobility—how much a father’s relative income influences that of his adult son—America does half as well as Nordic countries, and about the same as Britain and Italy, Europe’s least-mobile places. America is particularly exposed to the virtuous-meritocracy paradox because its poor are getting married in ever smaller numbers, leaving more children with single mothers short of time and money. One study suggests that the gap in test scores between the children of America’s richest 10% and its poorest has risen by 30-40% over the past 25 years.
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21...ring-rungs

Quote:Quote:

One reason for the mobility gap may be the depth of American poverty, which leaves poor children starting especially far behind. Another may be the unusually large premiums that American employers pay for college degrees. Since children generally follow their parents’ educational trajectory, that premium increases the importance of family background and stymies people with less schooling.

At least five large studies in recent years have found the United States to be less mobile than comparable nations. A project led by Markus Jantti, an economist at a Swedish university, found that 42 percent of American men raised in the bottom fifth of incomes stay there as adults. That shows a level of persistent disadvantage much higher than in Denmark (25 percent) and Britain (30 percent) — a country famous for its class constraints.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/har...d=all&_r=0

And you really think infant mortality in the US is higher than in countries with similar wealth because of leftist policies? Compared to Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands or Sweden the welfare benefits for low class families in America are ridiculous yet less infants die in those countries.

I know it's a popular narrative in this forum but you can't blame feminism for everything that goes wrong socio-economically, because that would leave many other, much more important variables out of the equation.

Messages In This Thread