rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When friends/girls/acquintances don't reply to your communication

When friends/girls/acquintances don't reply to your communication

Quote: (10-26-2013 12:14 PM)Starke Wrote:  

It sounds like an over-reaction.

The depressing reality is that humans have never had anything close to the levels of distraction present in modern society.

I'll often start texting a reply to a girl or a friend, only to be distracted by an incoming email or something in the news.
It's not so much a lack of respect as it is a case of supply of stimulus overwhelming the capacity for response.

If it's a regular thing ie daily, then you'd be right to infer negative motives - but if someone forgets to respond to you every couple of months or so, consider it a mistake and make sure you have alternative options.

Actually I was talking only about cases where people choose not to reply, otherwise I'm much more forgiving if I suspect they forgot about it. I've tried some times to follow up with another message the next day but it makes no difference, that's how I know it's by choice.

Messages In This Thread