rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta Provider Game

Beta Provider Game

@ Athlone

It sounds like a lot of those plans depend on your ability to get scholarships for law school. If you don't, then my estimation of your debt was on target or low.

If you wind up footing the bill, then I recommend that you be sure of your ability to not be forced into an 80k mid-law job. Paying off that loan with an 80k salary will be decidedly considered losing the bet that you will have taken. The ONLY other option would probably be debt forgiveness if you were to get a government position.

Also, remember, its not the fact that you will be hired into the Old Boys Network. Its your ability to advance and make partner within that network. Those are two entirely different things. Not making partner would be catastrophic. I also have to say that it confuses me as to why private firms, which are private businesses, feel pressured to diversify their workforce. I can't imagine where legitimate pressure would be coming from. But I believe you.

Other than that, bravo on the research. You seem to be going into this with both eyes open. That's all anyone can do. But definitely talk to as many working attorneys as possible between now and law school. I'm sure you know that, though.

Good luck to you sir!

Messages In This Thread