rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tattoos

Tattoos

The overall theme is tribal-style symbol simplicity. I don't want to get anything to elaborate or with color. Though I may get some kind of tribal to connect them all, but that's not going to be for a while, if at all.

First one is a lambda, the symbol of Sparta from what I could research. Got a little obsessed with Spartan history for a while. Thank God the only thing that came out of it was the tattoo, a copy of 300 and some books. The second is a wolf's head I drew on paint. The eagle on my back is a mix of the Imperium of Man eagle from Warhammer 40 000 and the eagle on the Great Seal of the US that my insanely talented younger sister made for me.

The forth one is probably the most layered and meaningful. Its, as my blog is called, Sympathy for the Devil. The two triangles are the body of the Devil, horns on top, three lines for the pitchfork on the bottom, the two lines sticking out the sides are the burnt wings. The triangles also make an hour glass, representing the time we have left in life and when shown horizontally its a rough symbol for infinity, represents the eternal life of the Devil/fate/Gods/bad things (whatever you believe in) and that you can't escape him/it/them. Overall, it reminds me not to slow down or get comfortable with what's going on in my life. That things are constantly in a state of flux. That playing by the rules and being the stoic man usually get you screwed, as it did me with my marriage. And, finally, and what became a secondary meaning a few days after I got it, it means be the guy with the shit-eating grin. Always on the hunt. Always scoping the place for targets. Always be direct and unwavering. Be, at least in the eyes of feminists, fundamentalists and my past beta self, the devil.

Sympathy for the Devil

Messages In This Thread