rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta Provider Game

Beta Provider Game

Quote: (05-06-2011 01:29 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

A guy I know who goes to Harvard says it's pretty easy to get laid there but the quality won't blow you away. It may just be him too, I've seen him in action and he has tight game.

That's most likely it. I can name 3-4 guys on my campus who do well too, but its their very, VERY tight game(and the fact that they're all-conference football players). Even they have to spend time building "rapport", though.

Quote:Quote:

Dartmouth is near the bottom? Granted I don't know anyone who actually goes there, but all reports I've heard from people who visited there and went to parties are that people were hooking up left and right.

This is true of a lot of Ivies-people "hook up" plenty. Girls have no problems handing out some makeouts and booty grinds. Maybe you'll get to take her home and feel a boob.

Its actually getting to intercourse that's the issue. I know a good number of guys throughout the league(Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth, etc) who get a ton of makeouts, but very rarely ever seal the deal. Girls are tough to get past first base.

Quote:Quote:

What's really interesting is that being a football player doesn't give you automatic alpha status where you're at. I went to a non-Ivy but still top-tier school for undergrad and football player was about the highest status you could have, although we are a D1 school in a major conference so maybe that's the difference.

Its true that the Ivy League is not a major D1 conference, and that accounts for much of the difference. That being said, I personally know a bit about the scenes(thanks to HS teammates who are there now) at quite a few other D1 schools that are "1-AA/FCS"(not major conference) including Hofstra, Coastal Carolina, UAlbany, and a few others. Guys on those teams get far more cred for being athletes-they even have groupies.

The thing with the Ivies is the academic environment that reigns in the athletics. Its the reason why there are no athletic scholarships in the Ivies, and why the Ivy Champion can't go to the 1-AA/FCS playoffs. There is a fear of the jock culture, and some disrespect of it. The old guard that runs the league doesn't want it to get bigger than it is.
You can even argue that other students look down on athletes playing the "money sports"(Basketball and Football) in this league. They think we don't belong here, and some of them have even tried to suggest moving to D3 for football and just cutting the budget down.

It can be hostile.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread