rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

23 Years old, 84 notches, 17 things I do that you don't.
3 Years old, 84 notches, 17 things I do that you don't.
Quote: (10-17-2013 09:20 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2013 09:12 PM)houston Wrote:  

Every guy should do some blue collar work in their life for at least a month. Would probably get rid of all the Beta problems that guys on here are stuck with.

Hahaha,

Every blue collar worker I've met, EVERY SINGLE ONE (this cannot be a coincidence), is divorced, often with kids somewhere in the picture.

Although blue collar guys are manly and get pussy, their lack of deeper thinking and investigation gets them fucked over in the long run. They marry a chick unthinkingly and it's the beginning of the end for them.

Also: Just so guys don't think I'm bullshitting here - I've worked construction before, and I worked at RGIS which is technically blue collar but is pussy work compared to actual construction.

Do you really think the reason that their lives are fucked up is because they got into blue collar work? I'd like to think that some of us are fucked up because of our socio-economic background and upbringing and not our career choices.

There's a lot of outdated thinking on this thread, things have changed guys and all over North America (not only Alberta), people are beginning to see that the trades isn't just banging up your body for life, although that's an option if you want it. I tell the guys on my oil sands threads that if you get into a trade, it doesn't mean that you have to be the tools for life, you can segue into management and have an office job, if that's what you want.

A 22 year old journeyman skilled tradesman has more knowledge about how his company works than a recent business grad , fresh out of school. That same tradesman doesn't have massive student loan debts to pay off and can afford a house or settle down and raise a family, if that's what he wants. How long will it take a 22 year old kid who's $50-100K in debt, making 35K/year at the office to even consider buying a house or raising a family?

There's no reason why any healthy young man can't spend 5 or even 10 years working in a skilled trade, gain skills and experience and easily move onto to something else, while maintaining a healthy body and mind. I will agree that your average tradesman lives pretty hard, myself including, which is something I"m working on. There's a lot of office workers and people on here who also spend a lot of time boozing hard, chasing women in clubs all night and getting high.

Anyway, I have to go to bed, early wake up tomorrow. I just started a 3 week job where I'll net about 4 Gs each week that will pay for my upcoming 3 month stint in Colombia. Have fun at the office boys!

Messages In This Thread