rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Testosterone injections

Testosterone injections

Quote: (10-13-2013 06:10 PM)sthesia Wrote:  

Hoping to get some feedback on some T related changes I am considering instituting.

Supplements

-Start Iodoral 12.5mg once daily (5mg Iodine + 7.5 mg Potassium Iodide)
My TSH level was 3.74 [0.5-4.5]; free T3 and free T4 levels were within normal range. More recent thinking suggests that TSH >3 is suggestive of hypothyroidism. My thought is that Iodine supplementation may help.

Eagerly await thoughts regarding my plans for Supplements and Testosterone.

Bro, be careful with iodine supplementation, it's very powerful.

I supplemented on Iodoral for a year. At first things were fine, and I noticed my hair thickening.

Then it all went to shit.

I would get depressed easily, cold all the time, constipation, etc.

Doctor checked my TSH levels twice over eight months, both times very elevated (over 6).

While not confirming, doctor guessed that I have Hashimoto's disease. Apparently supplementing with iodine increases the immune system's attack on the thyroid gland, i.e., it's akin to dousing a fire with gasoline. I just got my TSH levels checked again (along with test levels) and will be going on Armour if my TSH is still out of whack.

While YMMV, supplementing with iodine may cause lasting damage to your thyroid. I'd therefore stop supplementing if I were you. If you think something's up with your thyroid, go to a naturopath who is more likely willing to run a full thyroid panel and put you on Armour if something's amiss. Iodine supplementation could at best help a little and at worst permanently damage your thyroid.

I was taking 7,000iu of Vitamin D per day, and only could get up my levels to 27. As I said, I just got blood work done again, and if my Vitamin D level is still below 30 even after supplementing 7,000iu per day, then I'm going to bump it up to 12,000iu per day.

Your Vitamin D level should be above 50 in order to start gaining the full benefits. If I were you I'd take a Vitamin D test again in a month, and if it hasn't moved above 50, then I'd bump up the dosage.

Messages In This Thread