rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts on Approach Tonight

Thoughts on Approach Tonight

I'm kinda kinda new to this, so I'd appreciate any thoughts.

I was at Continental in Arlington (DC/VA) tonight, not the best venue but a 7.5 caught my attention. She was with a 5 and a guy. The guy seemed to be focusing more on the 5 (weird) more and the 7.5 looked bored, so I figured it was a decent chance to approach. So when my friends left, I was in dolo mode with a pretty full drink left, so I walked up and opened with Roosh's standby "You guys look you're having the most fun out of everybody here." That seemed to go ok and they brought me into the group - and I managed to tease the 7.5 a little and work in a disqualifier about how we'd never work. But admittedly I was hardly in control of the conversation. Turns out the girls were friends and the guy had approached them before me.

I've had a few approaches lately where I let them get away without even a number close, but later regretted it. So when they said they had to leave, I went for an admittedly desperation number close. She said earlier that she was getting her Master's Degree in a couple days, so I said "I normally don't date girls without Master's Degrees, but once you get yours we should go grab a drink." She said she had a boyfriend.

I seem to be getting the "I have a boyfriend" response more than I would have expected. Do you think I happen to just be picking women that have boyfriends? Or is this just a line meaning "you didn't impress me quickly enough"?

Any thoughts, mistakes, or tips on what I could have done better? At this point, I'm just pleased I approached, but I'd like to step it up here pretty soon.

I'm pretty f'ing picky, which is a problem (for now, but could be an asset later). I went up to a big group after this and got some obvious IOI's from a 5/6 (multiple arm touches within minutes when I spat zero game and she asked my name), but I just wasn't that interested. Can't seem to get myself to ladder up from the easy to land 6s yet. It's been tough when I'm only interested in 7+s but my game isn't back there yet (spent 7 years with a LTR).

Messages In This Thread