rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No gains in first 6 weeks -> Your Fault

No gains in first 6 weeks -> Your Fault

Quote: (10-08-2013 05:10 PM)metalheadatheart Wrote:  

The entire point of my post was that I have in fact made gains, and that people who say they see nothing after 6 weeks are doing something wrong.

I disagree with you about kettlebell snatches. I had to work up to the 50lb snatch (definition of strength increase), and have recently bought a 70lb bell. It takes significant tension to throw a 50lb cannonball over your head and catch it repeatedly without hurting yourself. It integrates everything.

You realize that you can just pick up a 70 lb dumbbell and snatch that overhead, right? Really, anything you do with a kettlebell you can do with a dumbbell or a T handle. I love my swings, but I don't like paying 90 - 150 bucks every time I increase the weight of the kettlebell. I know most of you guys work out with a gym membership, but it sure is nice to swing with something that isn't measured in poods. I also have fairly large hands and there's no real consistency between the typical kettlebell brands when it comes to handles.

[Image: hoseclamp.jpg]

Swings are legit. They'll make you a better deadlifter.

Also, there's no way in hell you guys are overtraining if you're only in the gym 3-5 times per week.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread