rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence, is it worth pursuing?

Location Independence, is it worth pursuing?

I have being reading 'the well-fed writer' lately and I am pretty set on becoming a freelance copywriter. It seems like a no-brainer for me. Writing is something I have always thoroughly enjoyed and more than one professor in college said I had a gift.
Moving into copywriting will require some work on my part. It is very different from anything else I have done but I am willing to embrace the blood, sweat and tears.

That said, there are a couple things that scare me about leaving the cubicle.

1.) Social interaction(or lack of it). I will be sitting behind a screen all day with no coworkers. You location independent guys, how do you handle this?

2.) Independent motivation. In a regular job, you have a boss that sets expectations and you have coworkers to compete with. Basically, you are forced to perform. My fear is that I don't know if I will be able to push myself on my own. When I get on my laptop, I tend to get distracted easily...How do you L.I guys cope with that and set goals?

Messages In This Thread