rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the hardest book you've ever read?

What is the hardest book you've ever read?

Quote: (10-06-2013 07:24 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2013 07:04 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  

I downloaded the entire collection of H. P. Lovecraft last year for Kindle format (back in January) and I only just finished reading his collection of short stories, letters, and strange journals.

Got some pretty fucked up dreams from reading it too.

I love his stories. Which ones did you like best? Be honest...!

The Shunned House was pretty awesome. I liked the scene where the author's uncle melts into a pile of flesh colored goo and then he goes apeshit and decides to dump gallons of acid into the hole in the ground where he found the ground giants elbow.

I also like Dagon because I realized that one of my favorite bands of all time, Nile, lifted a quote almost directly from the text in the song "von unaussprechlichen kulten".

Dagon quote:
Quote:Quote:

I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind -- of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

The Rats in the Walls was a story that started out good and ended up ridiculous. De la Poer completely loses his mind over the rats that he ends up eating one of the guys (I think it was Norrys) who tried to help him out. From the point of view of the main character it seems like an odd supernatural thing happened where he learned that his family in the old Exham Priory castle-mansion would enslave/harvest people in the caves under neath their mansion, when in all likelihood he's just delusional.

There's a bunch of other stories I liked. One of them was where there was this family on a mansion on top of this large hill who simply "disappeared" and then all kinds of goofy shit started happening around the country side. There was a scene where the author's traveling companion looked out the window of a run down shack during a thunderstorm for about an hour, and then when the storm ended the author touched the guy on the shoulder and asked him if he was alright. When he did that, the guy fell backwards, only to reveal that his face had been completely eaten off. It was later discovered that the family "devolved" into subterranean monkey cannibals.

Then there was another one where the author went on fantastical journeys when he was passed out on drugs and the story ended when a group of ruffians threw his unconscious body off a bridge.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread