rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No gains in first 6 weeks -> Your Fault

No gains in first 6 weeks -> Your Fault

I'm a huge advocate of writing stuff down, or keeping a log of some description. It's motivating to see the numbers going up, I'm always trying to beat last sessions records either in reps or weight and if that helps squeeze that extra ounce of effort out of me.

"if you like doing something and are serious about it then being efficient doesn't matter either,"

Why would you deliberately be inefficient? I care about my time in and out of the gym, there's not enough of it in a day to begin with so why unnecessarily waste it spending an extra 5 minutes an exercise finding your working weight every time?

For the newbie lifter, I'd say metalheadatheart is pretty much spot on since any routine with those rules will get you off the ground and that's the quickest way to start learning the basics of training. I would only add a 4th rule of:

Leave your ego at the door, drop the weight and get the form right. (Just don't use that as an excuse not to lift hard.)

Messages In This Thread