rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Eat Dairy?

Do You Eat Dairy?

Quote: (10-05-2013 11:19 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Quote: (10-05-2013 07:26 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (10-05-2013 12:43 AM)CaP7 Wrote:  

I finally decided to give up dairy. Dairy has been a staple of my diet my entire life. I went from exchanging ice cream for greek yogurt, and goat cheese from real cheese, to giving it up completely. It's been two weeks now and the cravings are now gone and I think I feel better. A little early to tell though.

3 weeks ago a guy in my gym referred me to a nutritionist doctor in Santa Monica. Guy charges $1,000 to test your blood and evaluate diet. (I'm hoping to be able to get him lower through my gym friend.)

I bought his book for $17, "Turn up the Heat". In it he states that getting protein from dairy is inefficient because the body utilizes the protein in dairy first as a milk sugar, which people have a hard time digesting, i.e., lactose intolerant.

It's actually a great book that helped me identify a calorie deficiency in my diet, and, the book provided an outline of meals for me. I finally feel like I found a road map for my diet.

It's been two weeks. I'll report back in January.

CaP7 - I am glad that you seem to have found the source for some of the symptoms you were having; however, I am curious about whether this doctor or naturalpath has looked into whether there is a difference between raw dairy and processed dairy. I am pretty sure that the studies show that raw dairy does not have as many problems; however, whether that raw dairy would have been helpful to you may be another question.

Raw dairy has the necessary enzymes to help break down the lactose present in the milk, without it very few people can actually break down the stuff.

So its not like Dairy is "bad" its just processed and homogenized shit is but its hard to get the real deal so no point ploughing in the shitty stuff into you.

I haven't drank milk in 5 months now and don't miss it one bit.

Kosko, I figure the heavy whipping cream may not be so bad and the Greek yogurt with high fat and no added sugar may not be so bad (and even have some nutrient and pro-biotic reasons to take it); however, ultimately, you may be correct that eliminating dairy completely may be the better way to go.

A guy may want to try both with and without to see whether he feels better or worse one way or another? Nonetheless, I am definitely for eliminating any low fat variants of dairy.

Messages In This Thread