rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obamacare glitches

Obamacare glitches

Quote: (10-02-2013 01:25 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2013 01:19 PM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2013 01:16 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

If you can't afford insurance, then you get a federal subsidy to help you acquire insurance. If you can afford insurance but choose not to get it, then you will be charged a financial penalty that is 1% of your income, and increases each year and is capped at the fourth year rate if you still don't have insurance.

You also have the option of keeping your insurance with your employer, which is what I am personally doing since I'm happy with it.

If you choose one of the ACA plans, your employer won't contribute to your premiums.

There are countless horror stories about what Americans are experiencing under the status quo (pre-ACA). Hard to see how ACA could possibly be worse. Millions of people who never had insurance will now receive care. And those who already have insurance will still have insurance. Win-win.

What's funny is this was an idea birthed by a conservative think tank (Heritage Foundation), passed by Congress, upheld by the Supreme Court, and signed by the President into law. It's already the law of the land. The time for debate about it has long passed.

It is a disaster, economically and to the healthcare industry. And for young men (I am guessing you are one) being it was passed by the feminist Democratic party, aka the party of the National Organization for Women, it will be worse for you than anyone else.

That's not even remotely a cogent argument. Just an empty statement unguided by empiricism.

Just the facts. Companies keep letting people go and cutting others to less than full time hours to prepare for it. Then salaried employees will be asked to work more and more hours to make up for it.

More and more doctors refusing to deal with it, because it is a 1,200+ page law full of unreal regulations and confusion.

I guess if you think young men having to pay more and more for insurance so single mom's can pay less. And more and more people making less and less money as their hours are cut. And more and more middle class salary workers working longer hours for less money. And men once again being f'ed over by the feminist Democratic party is a "good thing" then you have a "good thing".

Messages In This Thread